At Theatre.js we are enabling artists and engineers to create great interactive experiences. We are also empowering people to craft their own creative environments. Our mission is to blur the line between designer and developer, author and consumer, artist and scientist. Read more about our mission in our funding announcement here.
- We are toolmakers. We feel most fulfilled seeing what our users create using our tools.
- We build with a low floor and no ceiling – we strive to make basic tasks easy, manage the complexity of more involved tasks, and mindfully put in escape hatches so users can always build their own solutions when necessary.
- We dislike silos. We strive to empower designers to code, coders to design, and disciplines to mix.
Working at Theatre.js
We are assembling a small core team, with autonomy and a great deal of creative freedom for our teammates.
We also have an amazing community. We build in the open and don’t shy away from showing our community our works in progress.
We put great personal care into everything we build. We give our teammates the creative freedom to come up with and work on innovative new features, and the public credit they deserve for them.
About this role
Theatre.js is about enabling new powerful interactive formats. As a founding product designer, you get to lead the design of the UI and the branding of Theatre.js.
We are looking for a teammate with a strong sense of visual aesthetics, a good eye for motion and interaction design, and someone who shares our desire to design off-trend.
- You have an exceptional visual taste
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Product/UI/Interaction designer
- You can prototype interaction ideas on your own if necessary, or closely work with engineers
- Communicating your ideas will be a key part of your job. You are skilled at making your point and picking the best tool to do so, whether it be writing, sketches or prototypes
- You can envision and think in complex systems from a high level overview down to the last detail
Bonus points if:
- Competitive compensation matching your “Founding X” title
- We are mindful of our work tempo and have a flexible vacation policy (and we strongly recommend taking 4 weeks a year)
- We are evolving a remote-first culture with semi-asynchronous communication
- We are looking forward to our first team offsite, and more to come!
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com. Tell us what you think of what we're building. Have you had similar ideas in the past? Optionally, tell us what you wish to do once you’re part of the team.